While I was searching for new topics for my blog, I found that many duelists need help to make a new Yugioh deck. Well, making a Yugioh deck is simple, you just have to have balance in your cards. Your Yugioh deck will lose in a duel if you have too many spell cards, traps, monsters, and especially high level monsters. Here’s a trick I used to make a good Yugioh deck when I was a kid.
I loved (still do) to play Yugioh when I was a kid. I would play Yugioh with all my friends! So by dueling with them and building decks with them, I learned a good trick to use when making your Yugioh deck. Now, many of you might know/remember this trick, so it will be a mind refresher.
- When you’re make your Yugioh deck,Â separateÂ all of your traps, spells, monsters, and high level monsters (level five+, includes ritual, fusion, and synchro) into three different piles.
- Now choose your deck theme (read here for a basic list).
- Based on your theme, select traps and spells that would contribute to the theme.
- Now, based on your theme you selected, as well as the traps and spells you chose, get monsters that would be strongly assisted by the spells and traps, and contribute to the theme. For example, if the theme for my Yugioh deck is to use weak monsters with great effects and use equip cards to raise their attack/defense points, one monster I would select for my deck is Maha Vailo.
- Finally, try out your Yugioh deck in a duel and see if it’s good. If you need to make changes in an area of your deck, repeat the previous steps and keep dueling until you are completely satisfied with your deck.
Now I know that advanced duelists already have special tactics on making a Yugioh deck, but for beginners, this is the basic steps you must take when you are creating your Yugioh deck.