X-Sabers and Infernities are two very popular archetypes. Each one have their own strengths and weaknesses; their own types of support and boosts. These two archetypes have become so popular, and have been considered to be so strong, that already people have been creating decks for X-Sabers and Infernities.These two decks are unbelievably powerful; far stronger than even the mighty Blackwing decks. The X-Saber and Infernity decks might just be the strongest unbanned deck in Yugioh. However, there can only be one champion; some say X-Sabers are the strongest, however some say Infernities are the best. Today, I will compare the attributes of both groups of monsters and try to conclude which of the two archetypes are the strongest: X-Sabers or Infernities.
Let’s start this review with the X-Sabers. X-Sabers (which also include XX-Sabers) are a ferocious group of monsters who, like the Blackwings, focus on swarming. Though that is their main group ability, small clusters of X-Sabers also focus on monster re-direction and self-power boosts. In short, X-Sabers are a very offense based archetype.
- Can easily swarm other X-Sabers, creating havoc for your opponent.
- Have amazing combos, (a notable one is known as the Faultrolls Loop, facilitated by two XX-Saber Faultrolls and XX-Saber Ragigura).
- X-Sabers have strong spell and trap card support, a notable and powerful support card is Gottamâ€™s Emergency Call.
- Many X-Sabers require other X-Sabers to be on the field in order to play them and/or activate their effects.
- Because X-Sabers are all Earth monsters, the opponent can easily form an anti-Earth deck to counter the X-Sabers.
- TIV deck would be deadly against X-Sabers due to a majority of X-Sabers being Beast-Warrior and Warrior monsters.
Infernities became a very popular archetype due to the rising popularity of the Dark Signer, Kalin Kiryu. In Shonen Jump’s 2010 anniversary issue, Kalin ranked third in the popularity polls for Yugioh 5Ds, behind Crow and Akiza. Ever since Kalin’s sudden rise in popularity, his Infernity monsters became very popular in the Yugioh world as well, but for a good reason. The Infernities are a very powerful group of monsters, primarily due to their no-hand combos.
- Infernities are pretty good swarming archetype as well.
- They are a very flexible archetype for their decks can mesh other types of monsters such as the Dark World monsters and (especially) Zombie type monsters.
- Infernity decks are great for Instant Synchro Summons thanks to cards like Infernity Launcher and Infernity Necromancer.
- There are a few OTK opportunities in an Infernity deck.
- Very, very few spell and trap card support compared to the X-Sabers.
- Because they are so reliant on having no hand, cards like Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier and Penguin Soldier could instantly stop an Infernity combo.
- In an Infernity deck, players are too reliant on special summoning Infernity monsters and stocking them in the graveyard. This Infernity characteristic makes it very easy to form an Anti-Infernity deck (which would revolve around cards like Royal Oppression or Special Hurricane.
This decision is really tough to make. Though the Infernities are powerful, it seems like the X-Sabers have less weaknesses but equally good positives. I guess I will have to go with the X-Sabers because though they have an equal amount of support as the Infernities, I feel the X-Sabersâ€™ support is stronger. A strong support means a stronger deck. X-Sabers win this matchup.